Frequently Asked Questions
Indications: why take it?
Indications for use
- Hypospadias and Epispadias
- Testicular or pituitary hypogonadism
- Idiopathic gynecomastia
- Balanopreputial sclero-atrophic lichen
- Vulvar sclero-atrophic lichen
· In general treatment in humans: androgenic general deficits, permanent or transitory, in particular: organic and functional hypogonadism when testosterone deficiency has been confirmed clinically or biologically.
· In local treatment:
o In humans: sclero-atrophic lichen, gynecomastia,
o In women: vulvar sclero-atrophic lichen.
How to store Andractim gel for local application?
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use ANDRACTIM after the expiry date stated on the tube. The expiration date refers to the last day of the month.
Keep in dry place at a temperature not exceeding 25 ºC, protect from light. Store the tube tightly closed.
If necessary, warnings against certain visible signs of deterioration
Medicines should not be thrown away via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist what to do with any unused medicine. These measures will help to protect the environment.
What are the possible Side Effects
Those with androgenic hyperactivity in androgen-dependent tissues, which can be controlled by reducing the dosage.
Common effects: increased hematocrit, increased red blood cell count, increased hemoglobin level.
Reporting of suspected adverse reactions
The reporting of suspected adverse reactions after authorization of the drug is important. It allows continuous monitoring of the benefit / risk ratio of the medicinal product. Healthcare professionals report any suspected adverse reactions via the national reporting system
How to use ANDRACTIM gel for local application?
Instructions for proper use
Always follow your doctor’s instructions exactly. If in doubt, consult your doctor.
· General treatment in humans : administer 5 grams per day of gel on the chest and / or abdomen avoiding washing the area during the six hours following administration.
· In local application (men and women) : apply 2.5 grams of gel every other day, avoiding mucous areas.
Method and route of administration